<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2000 AD Prog Slog

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Prog 1147 02/06/99

Item: Ever since Captain Britain made an unexpected return as a supporting character in Hulk Comic’s Black Knight strip back in the seventies eighteen months after the cancellation of his own comic, I’ve had a soft spot for comebacks done this way. At the moment, something similar is happening in Downlode Tales with Sinister and Dexter returning as characters in different stories. Admittedly, it’s only been a couple of weeks since we saw the guys last, and there is something premeditated about it all, but it’s fun just the same.

Item: The more Pulp Sci-Fi strips appear the more they remind me of Future Shocks without Tharg. This prog’s, written by Mike Carey, sees a criminal being operated on so he can never die and then being sent back in time to the Big Bang so he can serve his seven billion year sentence. That feels to me like classic Future Shock if ever there was one. I’m not complaining. In fact, I’m very pleased.

Item: As you know, I don’t really read the editorial or letters pages anymore. Having said that, I noticed the response to a letter commenting on how a character’s nostrils are drawn would expose hairs, broken blood vessels and bogies. “You think so? On my home world Quaxxann, bogies are considered the epitome of beauty.” This is the most in character letter response from Tharg I’ve seen for ages. What’s going on?

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home