<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2000 AD Prog Slog

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Prog 1135 10/03/99

In Sinister Dexter Eurocrash, Queenpin Demi Octavo’s control over the underworld has become fragile thanks to the organisation fragmenting into various feuding gangs. Personally speaking, I can’t understand how she became Queenpin in the first place and I’ve been reading this strip from the beginning. She’s so nice and dainty looking that it’s impossible to imagine her ever having done any of the dirty work required to rise to such a lofty position. In fact, if you wanted to make a play for head of Downlode’s crime organisation all you would need to do is wait until SB Davis is painting her, steal her sun block and then ask her out for a walk in the sunshine.

In Nikolai Dante The Cadre Infernale, Dante encounters another society obsessed with sex. This time it’s the Hellfire Club, a group made up of society’s elite taking part in all sorts of debauched and perverted acts of sex allowed to take place in a comic that pretends to be grown up but isn’t really. Dante, being the character we’re supposed to relate to, is pretty much disapproving of the organisation. “Any club that wants me as a member isn’t worth joining,” he says. However, he wasn’t so reticent about getting stuck in when he was onboard a floating cat house a few progs back. I don’t remember him once checking if any of the women he was cavorting with worked there under their own free will and weren’t being coerced in any way.

Labels: , ,

18 Comments:

  • btw does anyone wanna buy Nikolai Dante vol3 for £30?

    By Blogger Rhinocerouslip Bumcrack, at 9:02 pm  

  • Isn't the a bit expensive?

    By Blogger Victor Resistor, at 9:50 pm  

  • Off tpic, but I remember an early-ish future shock where the crew of a spaceship tell each other something which blisses them out and makes them want to share it with others. Any idea which prog this was?

    By Blogger Robert, at 12:22 am  

  • goes for £70 on amazon. i got it for £50 on there but willing to go £30....or nearest offer.

    Just pop your details in a file and post in my blog dropbox.

    By Blogger Rhinocerouslip Bumcrack, at 12:58 am  

  • Or you could just go into Forbidden Planet or Waterstones and buy a copy for the cover price.

    By Blogger The Cosh, at 1:45 am  

  • you could do...

    By Blogger Rhinocerouslip Bumcrack, at 5:37 am  

  • I have not even read volume 1 yet. I get to the second story and just get sort've bored. I got that for £2

    By Blogger Victor Resistor, at 5:27 pm  

  • Thirty quid?! Blimey, Rhino - That's a lot of money.

    By Blogger Paul Rainey, at 6:19 pm  

  • Sorry Robert, can't help you. It rings a vague bell but I've read way over a thousand 2000 AD comics over the last few years and my memory has been broken by the process.

    By Blogger Paul Rainey, at 6:20 pm  

  • Actually, I never thought that this might be a good place to sell of 2000 AD books. Hmmm....

    By Blogger Paul Rainey, at 6:22 pm  

  • Well i was looking on Amazon doing the price check when listing my items and it came up at 70 quid. I usually place my items 1p higher than the cheapest sellers so not to show up in they're listings plus i got 100% seller rating. So i double checked on ebay and it's going for super price on there too. I took a chance and knocked it down to £50 expecting them to lower it, who knows if they have.
    Remember i am selling stuff on Amazon cos i'm a bit skint at the moment so if somebody buys it, well i'm happy. Not like it came with the old punk 'Pay no more than £8.99' label.
    Hence i'm willing to sell it cheaper off Amazon. I wouldn't pay £50 for a book. I paid £53 for the 'Let The Right One In' soundtrack cd as was only 500 copies originally released at first,
    So wether Dante vol3 is rare right now or what i have no idea, but hey i'm skint. Price will no doubt come down in time but my overdraft isn't on its own.

    By Blogger Rhinocerouslip Bumcrack, at 6:41 am  

  • I paid £22 for the Sultans of Ping album 'casual sex at the cineplex' and it was worth it

    By Blogger Victor Resistor, at 1:36 pm  

  • Robert, that story is an early Alan Moore Future Shock, but I'm not sure what it was called or what prog it'd be - sometime around 1981-82, I'd say, I'm pretty sure it's also in the Alan Moore's Shocking Futures book. It's a real cracker, btw.

    By Blogger Patrick Hudson, at 4:26 pm  

  • i'll go 3 up on you Victor. I lowered it to £25. I could go round and get random autographs in it too. I got a gig next month with Mungo's Hi Fi and Junior Cony (gonna miss the Bristol comic fest cos of that one), i'm sure i could get them to sign it if i still got it.

    In fact thats not a bad idea. Raise the price with lots of random autographs... Muhaahaaa

    By Blogger Rhinocerouslip Bumcrack, at 5:11 pm  

  • Good luck selling it, Rhino. Let me know if you succeed.

    By Blogger Paul Rainey, at 5:50 pm  

  • Is the one about the jumper on there, Victor?

    By Blogger Paul Rainey, at 5:50 pm  

  • Cheers patrick.

    By Blogger Paul Rainey, at 5:50 pm  

  • A bit of internet digging makes me think it must be "Eureka" from prog 325.

    By Blogger Patrick Hudson, at 10:46 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home