<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2000 AD Prog Slog

Monday, December 21, 2009

Prog 967 24/11/95

Perhaps I’m feeling jaded by The Slog but not only am I finding 2000 AD unimpressive at the moment but I’m unable to muster up enough fury about it either. That’s how I feel about the comic at the moment; under-whelmed. For example, although Steve White is a superior writer of Rogue Trooper to his predecessor, the truth is I have somehow lost track of it. How many sides are there in this war now? Is there even a war on any more? It’s as if now that the witch is dead I’ve realised that the thrill lost its clarity all those years ago when the original Rogue caught the traitor general.

I’ve already lost track of new thrill Parasites. Some kid called Eddie Zulo runs away from a children’s home then gets trained by some guy in a green hoodie with a view to him eventually leading an entrainment corporation called APE or something. It’s only four episodes in and I’ve already lost interest. While the constant bullying of Hammerstein in ABC Warriors these days has worn me out. Morrigun’s revelation that being nice is unnatural and the universe hates a nice guy is wearying. It’s nice to be nice and, besides, we all know that Morrigun isn’t a proper ABC Warrior anyway.

At least Tharg returns this prog after being in silhouette for the last three months due to the ‘shedding’. He’s reappeared all computer generated and fresh looking and of these X-Files loving times. It doesn’t bother me that he looks a little like a more sophisticated version of those aliens that appear on the front of those ‘take me to your dealer’ t-shirts, just as long as he is his old arrogant and humorous self.

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

  • And there you have it this last few progs is what made me stop getting it every week. Over the next few years I would dip in for a few progs then dip out again. A pattern I would repeat until Rebellion took over.

    By Blogger Jayleon, at 7:02 pm  

  • Hold on Paul. The worst is over but there are still rough times ahead. As Jayleon said, when Rebellion takes over there's adefinite upswing in quality and the level of optimism coming out of the Nerve Centre. You still have the nadir that is the MiBs editorial stay yet but luckily the end of that era heralds the beginning of Nikolai Dante's adventures.

    Chris

    By Blogger kennyevil, at 1:27 pm  

  • Yeah Jay, I think I leave in about six months or so.

    By Blogger Paul Rainey, at 7:15 pm  

  • Chris, I think i'm just feeling a little burn out. :-)

    By Blogger Paul Rainey, at 7:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home