<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2000 AD Prog Slog

Friday, May 15, 2009

Judge Dredd The Megazine 2.20 23/01/93

I am currently going through what I call Slog Crisis. That is, I have a sense that I’m writing such comments here as “that could have been better written”, “that art wasn’t quite up to scratch” and “that editor is a bit stinky” more and more often. The truth is that the further The Slog goes along the deeper into a period of 2000 AD history I am in that not very fond of. I try to be truthful, reasonable and contextual when I write these entries but I often wonder if I’m being unfair to some of the creators whose work they must have been proud of at one time.

Another contributor to my Slog Crisis is my personal circumstances. For the last few months I have been out of work which means I’ve had the time to write these entries and do the other stuff that I do. But the reality is that when I find employment, I might not have the time to write this and do my other time consuming and, let’s face it, even more obsessive projects.

I’m not telling you this because I intend to change the tone here, because I don’t; I’m telling you this because it’s a side effect of The Slog I think might be interesting. Normal Slog service will continue as it has been, don’t worry.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

  • Good man.

    By Blogger Mark, at 8:54 pm  

  • Mark, is this a common blog writer's condition do you think?

    By Blogger Paul Rainey, at 5:47 pm  

  • Best wishes in finding new work soon, Paul.

    By Blogger Robert, at 4:09 pm  

  • Yeah. My interest waxes and wanes, too. Every now and again I pledge to create more original content for BAD LIBRARIANSHIP, but real life gets in the way, and I fall back into old habits.

    By Blogger Mark, at 7:45 pm  

  • Good luck and best wishes about finding another job! Commiserations that it's coincided with one of the less Scrotnig parts of 2000 AD's history at a point when you probably need all the thrill power you can muster...

    Actually I remember I stopped buying 2000 AD at around this point so I'll be interested to see what you reckon merits buying in the collected editions.

    By Blogger Tam, at 5:55 pm  

  • Thanks Robert

    By Blogger Paul Rainey, at 5:41 pm  

  • Mark, my real life at the mo' is The Wright Stuff and Loose Women (the ITV show).

    By Blogger Paul Rainey, at 5:42 pm  

  • Tam, I give up The Megazine soon I think but I hang around the weekly for another year or two yet. Cheers.

    By Blogger Paul Rainey, at 5:43 pm  

  • I gave up tooth at prog 873 but at least you have the greatness of Soul Gun Warrior to come before that.

    I gave up the meg around issue 44 of vol 2 because of all the dumb variations of the same theme, pan-african judges, polar judges etc.

    By Blogger Derek, at 3:35 pm  

  • Hi Derek. I think I might have given the Meg up around the same time as you. Dunno about 2000 AD yet... Won't until I get there.

    By Blogger Paul Rainey, at 5:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home