<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2000 AD Prog Slog

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Judge Dredd Annual 1988


The Judge Dredd Annual always works better when the colour art is provided by the same artist I think, this year being Carlos Ezquerra again, although I prefer three separate stories to one big one. In Costa Del Blood, Dredd tracks down Dracula and a nest of vampires which he gives what for to in typical pre Wagner/Grant split fashion.


The black and white pages are all reprint now. As you know, I like a Daily Star Dredd strip at the moment (in its place). This time, it’s called Pyro, drawn by Ron Smith; a mash-up between previous Dredd stories The Graveyard Shift and another, shorter tale I can’t remember the title of. What I’ve seen so far of the reprints of the daily strips is that they are reproduced too small with much of the detail by Smith and Ian Gibson lost. What I would like Rebellion to do when they eventually give in to pressure from The Slog to collect The Daily Star strips in order is to print only a couple of episodes a page, large enough for us to appreciate the art. I might even buy a copy in those circumstances.

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

  • Seconded.

    Dear Rebellion,
    I promise to buy a Daily Star reprint volume too. Just don't take the p*ss price-wise please ;)

    By Blogger Ken Davidson, at 7:23 pm  

  • Reprint This! will be adding to the pressure to give us the Daily Star strips again before long. I'm sure I'll have at least as much success as I have getting them to reprint Stainless Steel Rat, Zenith, Missionary Man and Leviathan's Revenge.

    By Blogger Grant, the Hipster Dad, at 7:57 pm  

  • Good point Ken, I'm not buying it if it costs too much.

    By Blogger Paul Rainey, at 5:42 pm  

  • Grant, I am so surprised that a reprint of Missionary Man doesn't exist.

    By Blogger Paul Rainey, at 5:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home