<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2000 AD Prog Slog

Monday, June 16, 2008

Prog 527


You wait months for a new Anderson PSI Division story to come along and when eventually it arrives she spends most of it in a coma dreaming about wolves. At the very beginning, Anderson experienced a psi-attack from soviet agents. They wanted Anderson out of the way so that they were free to work on busting Orlok the Assassin from out of the cubes, except we're not meant to know what they're planning is at this point, although I remember it from reading the story the first time twenty one years ago.


The most notable thing about this Anderson run is Barry Kitson's art. Previously, I've described his work as though being by an enthusiastic amateur but here, there is an obvious improvement. It's as if the new format for 2000 AD is more Kitson's environment than the one before.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

  • Oi Oi! The re-appearance of Orlok the assassin was at the time a pretty exciting surprise (I wouldn't say a twist as such). In fact, I recall that Orlok managed to make several 'surprise' appearances down the line.

    It's the sort of trick they do in shows like 24 when an old character shows up, and I'm a sucker for it.

    By Blogger alexf, at 5:07 pm  

  • I don't remember him reappearing for years after his return here.

    By Blogger Paul Rainey, at 6:24 pm  

  • Was the next time he was back in Triad? That was early 600's, I think. Hour of the Wolf is intereting as it shifts him over to being an Anderson villain (under Grant's control) rather than a Dredd villain (under Wagner's). It's always interesting to see who has their pet characters.

    By Blogger Douglas, at 8:27 pm  

  • Douglas, I don't remember Triad but I'll be up to it in a few weeks or so. At the moment, both Anderson and Dredd are written jointly by Wagner and grant although I suspect Grant probably writes up the full script for Anderson.

    By Blogger Paul Rainey, at 4:34 pm  

  • Yeah - I think that you can start to tell who's at the reins a bit more as the 400 and 500s go on, before the famous split at the end of OZ. I don't think that Wagner was ever tha interested in Anderson, though that could just be the voice of hindsight.

    By Blogger Douglas, at 5:57 pm  

  • Grant definately saw more in Anderson than any other writer. I never thought that Wagner was never that bothered by her before but now that you mention it I'll watch for it.

    By Blogger Paul Rainey, at 5:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home