<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2000 AD Prog Slog

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Interlude

In case you didn't know, as well as whiling away the years re-reading old 2000 AD progs and writing about it, I also write, draw and publish my own comics. Since from before beginning The Slog, I have been working on my long comic strip, or "graphic novel" as some might call it, titled There's No Time Like The Present. This is the story of a group of friends with cult TV/movie leanings with a slight science fiction conceit. (By the way, I'm rarely any good at describing my own ideas and work). Every time I complete the next 24 pages or so of the story, I publish them and just this week, I've released Part 7.

It's a big week for me as I have also released a one off comic called Dear Robert and Partner. This is a story about a guy trying to deal with noisy neighbours and was my unsuccessful entry into the Graphic Story Short Story Prize last summer. The "actual reality" (printed) version contains what I call "extras"; behind the scenes elaborations on the main strip.

If you're interested in learning more about my work then you can visit my website here. The opening pages of There's No Time Like The Present can be read there if you wish to try before you buy. There are also lots of free strips by me for you to read there anyway, including by diary in list and strip form, Book of Lists.

If you're visiting this year's Comics Expo in Bristol over the weekend, then I will also be there selling lots of comics I've done in the past as well as giving away lots of free comics from my shady past. Come over and say hello.

That's it; plug over. Thank you for your patience. Normal Slog service will resume tomorrow.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

  • Honestly, you wait all year for a new Rainey comic - and then two of them come along at once!

    By Blogger Rol, at 2:11 pm  

  • It's like taking a plaster off, Rol.

    By Blogger Paul Rainey, at 5:46 pm  

  • Hey, thanks for the link and the plug. I'd never have checked out your comic otherwise. The opening sequence is fun - I think i'll be buying some o' that!

    By Blogger alexf, at 4:50 pm  

  • Hi Alex. Thnaks for your order. You should have received your comics by now. I hope you like them.

    By Blogger Paul Rainey, at 12:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home