<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2000 AD Prog Slog

Sunday, December 09, 2007

Sci-Fi Special 1983 Extra

At the request of regular commenter Dom Sutton and because it’s nearly Christmas, here are some panels from John Byrne’s judge Dredd story from the 1983 Sci-Fi Special.
This is one of the crowd scenes that I was referring to in my previous post. I know it’s a close up but everyone is drawn with their own facial features. I like that.

The final page which I presume Byrne drew last. Here he doesn’t even try to draw a background. I bet it took him no more than two hours to get done.


11 Comments:

  • There's alot to like in that first panel (which is the only one my PC will enbiggen) but he's no Ron Smith, who's pages of weird muties made me smil every time.

    By Blogger Peter, at 1:04 am  

  • He didn't really 'nail' the boots, did he?

    By Blogger Ken Davidson, at 10:04 am  

  • Garageman, I said 'facial features', and I never even mentioned Ron Smith let alone made a comparison between him and Byrne.

    By Blogger Paul Rainey, at 9:14 pm  

  • Peter, I that panel was a good opening too.

    By Blogger Paul Rainey, at 9:15 pm  

  • Ken, yeah, his Dredd boots look a bit like elephant feet.

    By Blogger Paul Rainey, at 9:15 pm  

  • Thanks for that Paul. I'm going to have to get on e-bay and buy that special now!

    For the record I think the first panel is excellent.

    By Blogger Dom Sutton, at 12:53 pm  

  • Everyone Ron Smith draws looks like my Auntie Margaret...

    By Blogger Stavros, at 5:19 pm  

  • Cheers Dom. You're welcome, mate.

    By Blogger Paul Rainey, at 6:11 pm  

  • Have you asked you Aunty to put on a Judges uniform, Stavros?

    By Blogger Paul Rainey, at 6:12 pm  

  • So sick...but so right at the same time....

    By Blogger Stavros, at 1:41 am  

  • Would never have guessed that was Byrne - gosh, it really is like the very early Mike McMahon Dredd. Makes me wonder if he was deliberately trying to pull off some kind of homage.

    By Blogger dmstarz, at 5:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home