<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2000 AD Prog Slog

Friday, December 21, 2007

Prog 340


ITEM: Rogue Trooper From Hell to Eternity ends with the beautiful and fashionable Venus Bluegenes revealed as a murderer and all the boys, bio-chipped or otherwise, feeling very disappointed by the whole affair. This is the second woman in a row that Rogue has had a romantic thing with only to learn that she is despicable to some degree. I can see that I am going to have to keep my eye on script robot Finley-Day for a pattern in his future portrayals of women.

ITEM: It’s cross over madness in Nemesis the Warlock! Mek-Quake, formally of Tharg’s Nerve Centre and Ro-Busters, helps Termite in their bombardment of Ydarasill Castle. A 2000 AD cross over is so rare that this has absolutely no impact upon newer readers but provides a cheap little buzz for those of us that have been around for a while. Unlike those cross-overs that Marvel and DC persist with which are very occasionally okay in and of themselves but almost always leave the strength and integrity of the individual franchises compromised.

ITEM: If there is such a thing as Belardinelli Bingo then I think that I would be doing very well in it as I’ve spotted a cameo by the art robot again, this time as one of the people trapped inside the Wickerman. Interestingly to me, although his version Slaine alternates with the more memorable one drawn by Mike McMahon, it’s his haircut that has stuck with the character in the long term. When I say “his haircut” I mean the one he draws on Slaine, not his own actual style; bald in the middle, bushy at the sides.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

  • Oh I LOVED when Mek-Quake showed up. Even better is Nemesis Book 4 (in about a year's prog-time), where good old Ro-Jaws comes back to temper the rather po-faced tendency of the ABC Warriors.

    By Blogger Stavros, at 8:09 pm  

  • Stavros, I remember thinking that there didn't seem to be enough Ro-Jaws.

    By Blogger Paul Rainey, at 1:49 pm  

  • Brett Ewins' Venue Bluegenes - what a treat for a teenage boy. That's all I'm saying...

    By Blogger dmstarz, at 5:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home