<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2000 AD Prog Slog

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Prog 277


In this prog’s episode of Rogue Trooper, it is confirmed that crazy ol’ Bagman was right all along and Sister Sledge is a dirty Nort spy after all. That’s women for ya! You think she fancies you and the next thing you learn is that she’s been injecting you with viruses in your sleep that she’s been inventing behind your back.

Call me an old romantic if you like, but the idea of love blooming in the war torn, over irradiated landscape of Nu Earth appealed to me so much that I was even willing to over look the time Sister Sledge poisoned an entire platoon of young, South soldiers. Okay, we didn’t actually see her do it, but we, Rogue and me, should have taken Bagman’s word for it, even if he has been acting a bit strange recently. I thought that the reason Bagman, Helm and Gunner didn’t like her is because, how can I put this delicately; they are jealous due to, since “the accident” and getting bio-chipped, not being able (whispers) to get it up anymore.

I’m beginning to see Rogue as like a father to Bagman, Gunner and Helm; their loss of senses rendering their perception of the grotesque environment that is Nu Earth child like resulting in them being completely dependant on him. No wonder they were resistant to the idea of a woman in his life or a step mum in theirs. I get a sense when reading Rogue Trooper at the moment that script robot Gerry Finley-Day is straining against the boundaries. That there is, contained within this unsentimental war strip for boys where the bad guys are the bad guys for no reason other than they just are, something substantial waiting to break out.

Labels: , , , , , ,

13 Comments:

  • And there was me thinking GFD just didn't like women...

    By Blogger Pete Ashton, at 7:20 pm  

  • The first Prog I ever saw!

    By Blogger Peter, at 10:08 pm  

  • can't go wrong with parasitic mushrooms, either

    By Blogger Drhoz, at 3:41 am  

  • Read this one, yeah the relationship between RT and Bagman & co sort of shifts over the years I found.

    By Blogger Clamnuts, at 4:22 pm  

  • Pete, how can he not like women? They're lovely!

    By Blogger Paul Rainey, at 6:32 pm  

  • Peter, not a bad place to start, I think.

    By Blogger Paul Rainey, at 6:32 pm  

  • Clemnuts, I'm not trying to think about how badly I remember it all ending.

    By Blogger Paul Rainey, at 6:33 pm  

  • Drhoz, I have some parasitic mushrooms growing in my shower!

    By Blogger Paul Rainey, at 6:34 pm  

  • You have a biological shower?

    *shrus* takes all sorts. You should invite a few slugs in to eat the mushroomsm, they do a brilliant job keeping the grout clean

    By Blogger Drhoz, at 8:10 am  

  • "...they are jealous due to, since “the accident” and getting bio-chipped, not being able (whispers) to get it up anymore"

    Oh I'm sure Bagman must have some kind of 'attachment' for that in his bag. He certainly seems to have a device for every other unexpected occasion that(oo-er) arises...

    By Blogger Stavros, at 4:12 pm  

  • drhoz, I've been having a little munch while I've been in there.

    By Blogger Paul Rainey, at 5:58 pm  

  • Stavros, Bagman probably has a girlfriend in their already.

    By Blogger Paul Rainey, at 5:59 pm  

  • Ooh, the Fungus storyline - that was pretty grim (but in a good way). Not sure that the cover truly does justice to the savaging of the poor mayor's face though.

    By Blogger dmstarz, at 4:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home