<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2000 AD Prog Slog

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Prog 246


I thought that when I said goodbye to Nemesis the Warlock a couple of progs back that that would be it from that thrill for a while. I didn’t think that it would be back so soon. This rate of output is obviously too fast for art robot Kevin O’Neill so Jesus Redondo, who you might remember from Return to Armageddon, makes an adequate stand in. I guess that Nemesis has very quickly got itself established in the hearts of the readers as Tharg tells us in this prog’s Nerve Centre that O’Neill is already working on Book Three.

Also returning after a blink-and-you-wouldn’t-have-noticed-it-was-gone break is Rogue Trooper. Tharg reveals this prog that Rogue is now number two in the reader’s polls, just after Judge Dredd. He even wonders if, one day, Rogue will overtake Dredd. I find it hard to believe that anyone could have thought that this might happen. Although fully conceived from the start and being consistently well drawn, Rogue Trooper is flatter, less humorous and altogether thicker than Dredd.

Undermining my authority as a blogger this prog is another Future Shock drawn by Paul Neary. A couple of entries back, I said that Neary probably only ever drew one strip for 2000 AD and it was in the prog I was writing about and yet, not long after, here is another strip drawn by him. I know that I’ve said this before but I’m going to stop making these bold statements in future slog entries starting from…

NOW!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

  • Wow! Looks like I misread his creator profile at 2000AD online, too. Turns out he draws five Future Shocks, all by Alan Moore.

    By Blogger Mark, at 10:36 pm  

  • I didn't like to say, Mark :-)

    By Blogger Paul Rainey, at 5:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home