<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2000 AD Prog Slog

Monday, August 27, 2007

I'm back!

I’m back, at last, from my break, during which I pulled my brain from the brink of 2000 AD induced dementia. Hooray! I did this by reading other comics (such as Abandon the Old in Tokyo by Yoshihiro Tatsumi) and some – choke – books. These were:

The Inside Story of Viz by
Chris Donald
The Dog Catcher
by Alexie Sayle
Screen Burn by Charlie Brooker

Before you start thinking now that I’ve read and enjoyed some proper books it won’t be long before I bail out of The Slog altogether then I should point out that all of the above have a link to comics in some way. The Inside Story of Viz is an obvious one, it being the everyday rags to riches to oh-shit-what-do-I-do-now tale of a young Geordie lad. (Incidentally, this was a totally enjoyable read. I occasionally wonder why The Comics Journal has never done, to my knowledge, a major feature on Viz Comic, but this book seems to cover the subject quite thoroughly, plus it’s entertaining.) You might remember that Alexie Sayle wrote the graphic novel Geoffrey the Tube Train and the Fat Comedian painted by Oscar Zarate. Charlie Brooker used to draw comic strips for Oink, and very funny they were too.

Anyway, I expect to be continuing with the 2000 AD Prog Slog Blog tomorrow, now that I have had some mind medicine.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

  • Hey, welcome back! I'm glad to see the posts via RSS feed on my LJ friends page again!

    By Blogger Grant, at 9:24 pm  

  • Cheers Grant. I was beginning to worry that everyone had left me :-)

    By Blogger Paul Rainey, at 12:23 pm  

  • Naaah, some of us went on holiday at the same time. Back in the saddle today, and catching up on the blogs!

    By Blogger Ken Davidson, at 10:19 am  

  • Welcome back, Ken.

    By Blogger Paul Rainey, at 11:34 am  

  • Charlie Brooker used to draw for Oink? Yes, totally suitable :)

    By Blogger dmstarz, at 3:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home