<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2000 AD Prog Slog

Monday, July 02, 2007

Prog 147


The Slog has been encountering hiccups recently. To begin with, I was unable to make any updates for a day because my computer had to go back to PC World for repair. This morning, I reached over from my bed to read prog 148 and found myself opening a copy of 149. It turns out that my eBay win of progs 1 through to 1100 is missing at least one issue that is supposed to be there.

This isn't the first time that I've encountered problems with The Slog. Previously, while reading issue 6 of Star Lord, I noticed my copy had half a page cut out from a Strontium Dog story. In the end I had no choice but to live with the disfigurement so that The Slog could carry on. (Incidentally, I eventually got a replacement copy that arrived last week). I am still to find an affordable copy of the Star Lord Summer Special, which for completist sake I feel I have to read, but for finance sake haven't bought yet. (For some reason, when the special appears on eBay, it ends up selling for twenty to thirty pounds.)

Fortunately, I was able to locate a copy of 2000 AD 148 on eBay immediately, but because of the postal strikes I am not likely to receive it before the end of the week at least. In the meantime, to keep The Slog moving, I am considering jumping ahead somewhat and reading the 1981 annual, even though it's only January 1980 right now.

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

  • Fortunately, I was able to locate a copy of 2000 AD 149

    Did you mean 149 or 148 (you indicated earlier that you had 149)? You know, my dad probably has those issues somewhere (he had the full collection but got rid of 1 to 60 years and years ago thinking the comic wouldn't last. He's regretted it even since).

    Anyway, excellent blog. Got directed here from Newsarama's blog and am now reading all the past entries.

    Aah, the nostalgia..! :)

    By Blogger Nimbus, at 4:27 pm  

  • Nimbus, yes, you're right. I got in a muddle. I meant I am missing prog 148. I'm going to edit this entry and put it right. Cheers.

    By Blogger Paul Rainey, at 10:21 pm  

  • How do the Stainless Steel Rat stories bear up? I remember reading the novels when i was about thirteen and thinking they were the best literature EVER. I fear that looking at them again now might reveal this wasn't strictly the case.

    By Blogger Tam, at 9:13 am  

  • My intention is to write about that, Tam but, like yourself I thought the books I read when I was a kid were great.

    By Blogger Paul Rainey, at 10:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home