<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2000 AD Prog Slog

Friday, May 04, 2007

Incidentals

Commenter Ken Davidson has made me aware of a problem where those of you who use feeds can't use them in regards to The Prog Slog Blog. My knowledge of RSS feeds and the like is very nearly non-existent but I have done some investigating and it seems almost definitely down to me changing the blog domain name from the 'blogspot' one to a specified URL (www.2000ADprogslog.com). Obviously, because buying that domain name has cost me money, I don't want to switch back. Besides, I've tried and I can't see how to do that even. So, if you're reading this and you know of a solution to the feed problem then please let me know.

For my entry about Star Lord 14, I rattled on about its newsagents coupon being called "Card of identity". In actuality, I was talking about an ID card for robots that a reader had mocked up and sent into the comic. Basically, I read that issue too early in the morning and then wrote that entry from my sleepy memory. I don't even know for certain if what I said about 2000 AD and their pre-printed newsagents coupons before going off on one was true in the first place! I guess only continuing The Prog Slog will tell.

2 Comments:

  • i can help with your RSS stuff. you just need to add some lines to your template. the following should work if you paste it in between the [head] [/head] tags (just change the [s and ]s to less-thans and greater-thans), but if it doesn't or if you already have these tags in your current template, just let me know and i'll do you up a version hardwired into your exact blogname.

    cheers
    sal
    deca thargo


    code to copy/paste:

    [!-- RSS Autodiscovery --]
    [BlogSiteFeed][link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS" href="[$BlogSiteFeedURL$]" /][/BlogSiteFeed]

    [!-- API Autodiscovery --]
    [$BlogRSDUrl$]

    [!-- Meta Information --]
    [$BlogMetaData$]

    By Blogger Sal, at 10:47 am  

  • Cheers Sal, above and beyond the call of duty :-)

    Can someone let me know if I it has worked/if I did it right?

    By Blogger Paul Rainey, at 10:32 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home