<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2000 AD Prog Slog

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Star Lord 6


All delays and alternatives to having to read my damaged copy of Star Lord number six have been exhausted and a complete copy has, so far, eluded me. Therefore, I had no choice but to make do with my damaged one for The Prog Slog to continue. As it turns out, only two panels from the Strontium Dog strip appear to be affected by a previous owner of the copy cutting stuff out on the reverse side of the page and I was still able to make sense of the story. It's just that owning a copy that has been damaged this way bothers me, that's all.

In relative terms, I haven't had many copies of the original 2000 AD eBay purchase to replace due to damage. Four very early progs had had the back covers cut off and there was another four from slightly later that had had the centre pages removed. I've managed to replace them all although I am amazed at the number of eBay sellers who seem happy to describe something as being in excellent condition when clearly it isn't. Unless the postman opened the envelope, tore pages out of the comic and filled in some of the puzzles in pen before resealing it and delivering it to me.

Now all I need to do is find a copy of the last issue of Star Lord, 22, before I get to the point, within the next two weeks at the current reading rate, where The Slog hits a wall or have to skip that issue all together.

6 Comments:

  • Paul - is there something wrong with your site RSS feed? From my end it appears to have got stuck at prog 72 - any clues?

    By Blogger Ken Davidson, at 8:42 pm  

  • Umm... I have no idea, Ken. I'll look into it a bit later, although I know nothing about RSS feeds and therefore it should be set at 'default' or something.

    By Blogger Paul Rainey, at 2:56 pm  

  • Ken, I think I've worked out what happened. This was the day that The Prog Slog feed switched from it blogspot URL to the new www.2000adprogslog.com URL. For the RSS feed to work, do you change something or do I, do you know?

    By Blogger Paul Rainey, at 4:46 pm  

  • I get the message "DTD not supported" or something like that. If you google DTD feeds there's a whole lot of info in the problem which I don't understand, but you might...

    By Blogger mat_tait, at 1:45 am  

  • Hi Paul, I use Google homepages to view RSS feeds. Someone out there might have an opinion on whether this is the best thing to use *but* I basically get no feed list from your site at all now. Adding content from your new .com doesn't work (as the RSS feed isn't associated with this domain), but the old blogspot feed doesn't seem to work either. Perhaps look at your blogger control panel and see what the feed section says? Cheers, Ken.

    By Blogger Ken Davidson, at 11:12 am  

  • Ken and Mat, it seems to be confirmed that me setting up the domain www.2000adprogslog.com has messed up the feeds. Unfortunately, that doesn't mean that I have found a solution. I'll keep looking when I get the chance to.

    By Blogger Paul Rainey, at 3:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home