<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2000 AD Prog Slog

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Prog 61


There's no rest for the wicked. Not even a fortnight back home and already the Chief Judge is sending Dredd on a special mission to cross the radioactive wasteland between Mega Cities One and Two. This must be his punishment for grinning like a goon at perps when he was off duty for three pages recently.

This prog has a classic, if not, the classic cover. Big booted Dredd, tearing out of Mega City One riding his giant bike and firing his law giver into the air, with an all terrain vehicle on his left and a punk rocker on his right.

My favourite comic artists from my childhood have an exotic, back of the brain quality to them I found. The first time I saw work by Jack Kirby and Steve Ditko it seemed weird but alluring. The same applies to the first time I saw this image.


However, I didn’t get to see this cover until five years after it was first published what with not having encountered this prog at the time. I later owned a T-shirt with a reproduction of it on which I wore quite often in my youth. Unbelievably, I wasn’t very successful romantically with girls. I put this down to Mike McMahon’s drawing temporarily sending their brains askew when I wore the T-shirt. That would explain their laughter when I asked them out.

1 Comments:

  • My second favourite 2000AD cover of all time (for my top 25 see my list on comicvine.com). Really pleased to see that you too had the T-shirt with this on. I wore mine till it was mere threads hanging off my shoulders.

    By Blogger dmstarz, at 12:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home