<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2000 AD Prog Slog

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Loyal Readers, Continue Here

More long-term readers of this blog – who I like to refer to as Squaxx dek Paulo – will remember that during the Christmas period I announced that I would be taking a break from the 2000 AD Prog Slog as I had receieved a large amount of books as gifts from relatives. As you should know, new publications arriving at the Nerve Centre (my flat in Milton Keynes) take priotiy over this project.

About three Christmases ago, I decided to buy my own gifts for myself then distribute them amongst my family members for them to pay me for and then to return on Christmas morning. It’s a practice that I’m finding to be quite successful. In 2005, I managed to persuade most of my brothers and sisters to chip in for the Complete Calvin And Hobbs slipcase. Last year I got a huge booty (see my entry from January 1st for a complete list of items) that resulted in my having to put the Slog on hold.

Delaying my return for even longer, were new comics published during this period (new comics take priority over new books even; those are the rules). Therefore, since I posted here regularly last, I read the first issue of Peep Show in five years and the spoiled but still sad death of Captain America amongst others.

But this morning, I cleared away the very last of these priorities and am now happy to announce my return to this project effective immediately. Please ensure that you return here soon for your semi regular 2000 AD Prog Slog Blog updates.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home