<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2000 AD Prog Slog

Monday, January 01, 2007

I warned you this would happen...

Just I suspected, I received a big pile of graphic novels and the like which prevent me from continuing with the 2000 AD prog slog experiment for the time being. If you’re interested I got –

Bizarro World
Bop by Alex Robinson
The Runaways hardback
Fun Home by Alison Bechdel
Ode to Kirihito by Osamu Tezuka
Barefoot Gen Volume Four by Keiji Nakazawa. (I haven’t got volume three which I will have to order with other books to bump it over the free delivery threshold. I will also have to reread volumes one and two as it’s been nearly twenty years since I last read them.)
Sixty Years of The Beano and The Dandy
Dennis the Menace and Gnasher Annual 2007

Also, I received a parcel from Amazon.com containing Parsepolis 2 and The Complete Peanuts 1959 – 1962 Box Set which will also need to be read before the prog slog can reconvene.

I recently bought 500 old style 2000 AD bags. I love the idea of being able to refer to issues in my collection in thirty years time and them not being a single bit yellower than they are today. I also managed to pick up the earliest of the annuals, so they are now part of the project, which suggests, by extension, that the sci-fi specials are as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home