<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2000 AD Prog Slog

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Savage


Man cannot live on old progs of 2000 AD alone so, over the weekend, I read my fortnightly delivery of new comics. Like in your diet, it’s important to maintain a healthy balance in your reading life too.
Is it just me who thinks that Garth Ennis’ version of the Punisher and Billy Butcher from The Boys are like Bill Savage from the Invasion strip split down the middle?
On one hand, The Punisher has Savage’s relentless brutality, while on the other; Butcher has his sadistic cockney wit.
Last night, in prog 29, Savage shouts at a group of Dirty Volgans, “I like to start the day with a bang!” before blowing them up with a bomb. That just seems a bit innuendo heavy for a boys comic from the seventies, to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home